Rangers Vs. Devils Preview: Big Divisional Game Up For Grabs Tonight

USA TODAY Sports

The New York Rangers will battle it out with the New Jersey Devils tonight, in a big Atlantic Division rivalry.

After beating the Carolina Hurricanes in the shootout last night, the Rangers will be back at it tonight with their Atlantic Division rivals, the New Jersey Devils. The Devils currently lead the season series with a 3-1 victory over the Rangers back in February. Tonight will be a big test for the Rangers as they have only been able to muster up a single win in their last four games. They gained some major confidence last night, so we'll how it carries over tonight.

VS.

New York Rangers (14-12-2) vs New Jersey Devils (13-10-6)
Prudential Center - Newark, NJ - 7:00 PM
Television: MSG | Radio: ESPN NY 98.7
Opponent's Blog: In Lou We Trust | Tickets: New York Rangers Tickets

Some Quick Thoughts:

  • The New York Rangers are expected to go with the same lineup against the Devils tonight. Henrik Lundqvist will likely be getting the start in net, and Johan Hedberg will start for the New Jersey Devils. Martin Brodeur was activated off of the injury reserve earlier this morning, but he will serve in a backup role tonight.
  • The Rangers will be going up against yet another backup goaltender tonight, and they need to get as many shots on net as possible. When the goals haven't been coming your way in quite some time, the best thing to do shoot yourself out of the goal drought.
  • For those of you who missed the game last night, Marc Staal was in attendance at the game, and looked pretty good after that horrific incident. He's still a ways away from returning, but it's was nice to see him in good spirits.

Projected Lineup:

Rick Nash - Brad Richards - Marian Gaborik
Carl Hagelin - Derek Stepan - Ryan Callahan
J.T. Miller - Brian Boyle - Taylor Pyatt
Micheal Haley - Jeff Halpern - Darroll Powe

Ryan McDonagh - Dan Girardi
Anton Stralman - Michael Del Zotto
Steve Eminger - Roman Hamrlik

Henrik Lundqvist
Martin Biron

Scratches: Arron Asham (back spasms), Stu Bickel (healthy), Matt Gilroy (healthy), Marc Staal (eye)