New York Rangers News: Rangers Recall Chris Kreider From Connecticut Whale; Micheal Haley Sent Down

Al Bello

The New York Rangers have recalled Chris Kreider from the Connecticut Whale.

The New York Rangers have announced that Chris Kreider has been recalled from the Connecticut Whale of the American Hockey League. Kreider spent the last few weeks down with the Whale rounding out his game, and he even began to find some of his offensive game. He tallied six goals in eight total games with the Whale, and has been very impressive since being sent down back in February.

While it may seem like a risky move, considering how badly the Rangers handled this situation the last time around, there are still ways this can work out. John Tortorella didn't believe that Kreider was getting enough minutes up in the NHL to develop properly. He also stated how he doesn't want Kreider juggled between the AHL and NHL constantly, as it could screw with his development as well.

So, now with Kreider back with the big club, if John Tortorella plans on using him for at least 15 minutes a game, it won't be much of a problem. Hopefully that's the case, as they wouldn't recall him once again if he they weren't prepared to use him in different situations during games. With Kreider coming up, Micheal Haley has been reassigned to the Whale in order to open up a roster spot.

Arron Asham is also very close to returning, so we'll see what happens. For right now, all signs point to Kreider being in the lineup tomorrow night against the Florida Panthers.

Thoughts?