New York Rangers News: Glen Sather To Have Surgery

Bruce Bennett

New York Rangers resident and general manager, Glen Sather, is expected to undergo surgery tomorrow afternoon for prostate cancer.

According to Steve Zipay of Newsday, New York Rangers president and general manager, Glen Sather, is expected to have surgery on Thursday afternoon for prostate cancer. Zipay also states that Sather will have to hospitalized for few days following the surgery, but will be able to return to his normal duties sooner, rather than later.

This is definitely devastating news to say the least, and we here at Blueshirt Banter would like to send our best wishes to Glen and his family during this tough time.

With the general managers meeting taking place in Toronto earlier this morning, Assistant general manager Jeff Gorton was representing the Rangers on Sather's behalf. Jeff Gorton will likely oversee operations until Sather returns to action.

Gorton currently oversees the day-to-day hockey operations, which includes salary cap issues, collective bargaining, and player contracts. He also served as an interim general managers for the Boston Bruins in 2006, and was responsible for the likes of Tuukka Rask, Phil Kessel, Milan Lucic, and Brad Marchand.