New York Rangers Rumors: Jesper Fast Coming?

Elsa

Jesper Fast might be coming to Broadway.

According to Larry Brooks, the New York Rangers are expected to come to terms with six-round pick (2010) Jesper Fast. Fast has been playing in the SEL, but his team was eliminated from the playoffs, allowing him to make a move to New York.

From Brooks:

Informed sources have told The Post 21-year-old right wing Jesper Fast, the club's sixth-round selection in the 2010 Entry Draft, is awaiting release from the Swedish Ice Hockey Association and could join the Blueshirts by the middle of next week.

Fast, whose HV 71 club was eliminated from the first round of the Swedish Elite League playoffs on Thursday, is a prime candidate to play for Team Sweden in the World Championships and thus must be granted permission by the authorities in order to join the Rangers.

There have been rumbles that the Rangers are highly interested in the servies of both Fast and Oscar Lindberg when they become available. Lindberg is still in the thicket of a playoff race, but Fast is ready to go.

I spoke to a very trusted scout on Fast and asked if they liked his game. The response?

Very much. So does Gordie. Top six potential.

Brooks goes on to speculate that Fast might see time with Chris Kreider and J.T. Miller (how awesome would that be?) and it's obvious his speed and offensive upside are something the Rangers are looking forward to bringing into the fold.

I have speculated that the Rangers might not be that active at the deadline because of Fast and Lindberg potentially coming over.

This might be the first part of that duo.

Thoughts?

P.S: There are no pictures of Fast, so enjoy this one of Carl Hagelin.