New York Rangers News: Kris Newbury Recalled From Connecticut Whale

Eric Hartline-USA TODAY Sports

The New York Rangers have recalled Kris Newbury from the Connecticut Whale.

According to Jim Cerny, the New York Rangers have recalled Kris Newbury from the Connecticut Whale of the American Hockey League. After several moves by the Rangers today with Jeff Halpern, and Stu Bickel, it was expected there would be at least one more move before tomorrow's game against the Washington Capitals.

When Chris Kreider was recalled earlier in the week, he basically praised Newbury, and noted that the two had tremendous chemistry during their time in Connecticut. They will get a chance to continue that chemistry with the Rangers, as both of them will likely be paired together on the third line. Newbury currently has 18 goals, and 38 assists with the Connecticut Whale, and is just shy of a point-per-game player. He also compiled a stat line of one goal, and eight assists while paired with Chris Kreider.

J.T. Miller's is also questionable tomorrow's game against the Washington Capitals, as he jammed his wrist in the second period against the Florida Panthers. Arron Asham also said that he is ready to return, and it's up to the coaches if they decide to use him.

You have to wonder if Newbury plays regardless of Miller's status for tomorrow. I guess we'll have to wait and see.