New York Rangers News: Jesper Fast Loaned To New York Until April 15th

Charles LeClaire-USA TODAY Sport

Jesper Fast is coming to New York, but on loan.

According to this Swedish website and this one (big thanks to Alex Nunn for the original tip to it) Jesper Fast has been loaned to the New York Rangers but he must be back by April 15th and according to reports he can only play in the AHL.

There was, apparently, some concern over Fast being allowed to come over to New York since he's still on contract in the SEL, and this seems to be a solution to that problem. Obviously it's not the ideal solution, since the Rangers can't use Fast for their playoff run, but the team will be able to see Fast in a North American professional environment and get him some seasoning with the Connecticut Whale.

This agreement, driven by the Swedish Ice Hockey Association wanting Fast to be able to play in the World Championship, would keep Fast out of a Rangers uniform this season. Although the Rangers would love to allow Fast to spend some time in their system.

We'll update as more information comes out, but for now, thoughts, guys?