Rangers Vs. Sabres: Henrik Lundqvist Expected To Start, Arron Asham Out

Debby Wong-USA TODAY Sports

Henrik Lundqvist is expected to start tonight against the Buffalo Sabres.

This shouldn't come as a shock, but Henrik Lundqvist will be tonight's starter as the New York Rangers host the Buffalo Sabres.

Lundqvist, who was good in the Rangers' 4-1 win over the Tampa Bay Lightning Thursday, obviously has had two days of rest to keep himself fresh. The Rangers do have a grueling stretch coming up, however, so hopefully he enjoyed those days while he had them.

As for Arron Asham, this might be a situation that's going to play on for most of the year, I think. Back Spasms -- which is what's keeping him out -- can be off and on, and they're obviously bad enough that he hasn't been able to play the last few games.

From Andrew Gross:

Fairly full morning skate for the . No Henrik Lundqvist, who's starting. No Arron Asham (back spasms).

The Rangers do -- at times -- miss some of Asham's grit and toughness, but it's obviously much better than being without Rick Nash and Ryan McDonagh. Hopefully Asham is able to get healthy, since he is a good option for the fourth line (especially when Patrick Kaleta is lining up on the other side).

Thoughts?