Rangers Vs. Sabres: Rangers Need Another Win

Al Bello

Previewing the Rangers and the Sabres.

The New York Rangers and the Buffalo Sabres will meet for the first time this season tonight. The Rangers and the Sabres both come in looking for a win. The Rangers won their last contest 4-1 against the Tampa Bay Lightning.

Buffalo Sabres (9-12-1) vs New York Rangers (9-8-2)

Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - 7:30 PM

Television: MSG | Radio: ESPN NY 98.7

Opponent's Blog: Die By The Blade| Tickets: New York Rangers Tickets

Here are your pre-game notes:

- As we talked about, Henrik Lundqvist will be getting the start, and Aaron Asham will miss another game due to his back spasms. No real surprises there.

-As of right now, Stu Bickel is expected to play in the forward role for the Rangers tonight. I don't really mind this as much tonight, especially with the Sabres on the other end.

- The Rangers are looking for their second win in a row tonight. They've had some opportunities to string some of these together, but injuries threw them off the tracks a little. Tonight is an opportunity for them to find themselves again, and start bringing themselves back in the playoff picture.

- Keep an eye on Thomas Vanek. He missed the Sabres last game against the Devils, and that would be fortunate for the Rangers if he wasn't able to suit up tonight.

Thoughts?