Rangers Vs Canadiens: Happy Easter! (The Game Was Bad Edition)

Richard Wolowicz

Notes from the Rangers loss to the Canadiens.

- What a house or horros Montreal has been. Four years without a win. Multiple shutouts in a row. I don't even want to talk about it, honestly. It's gross. Especially when the team is struggling as it is.

- My Quinnipiac Bobcats scored three goals in the third period to win their opening-round matchup with C, 4-3. THAT was an exciting game. Now Qunnipiac takes on ECAC rival Union. By the way, Union beat Boston College 5-1, Yale beat Minnesota and then North Dakota, so much for the E-z-AC right, guys.

- So the Rangers haven't scored a goal in 128 minutes, including two straight games. There was better offense in this game, just no finish. At the end of the day, though, it doesn't matter why you're not scoring, just that you're not scoring.

- Martin Biron gave up an unlucky goal less than a minute into the game and you just knew the team would never recover. This team, with this level of confidence was never coming back in that game in that house against that. I wanted them to prove me wrong, but they didn't.

- Mats Zuccarello looked good, created some chances and even made the power play look OK.

- J.T. Miller -- as he has been all year -- very good and very bad. He had some huge scoring chances and some huge turnovers. A learning experience.

- I'll agree, Chris Kreider doesn't get the same leash that Miller does, and I don't understand it.

- Marian Gaborik had a couple of chances, but didn't put any home obviously.

- Brad Richards and Rick Nash? Noting.

- Derek Stepan? Not much either.

- Noticing a theme.

- Go enjoy your Easter. Serious, go enjoy it. Don't think about hockey or anything else. Enjoy this time with your family.

SB Nation Featured Video