Brad Richards Injury: Richards Participates In Morning Skate But Leaves Early; Micheal Haley Recalled

Brad Richards was on the ice for a short time today, but left rather quickly. To add to the speculation, Michael Haley as been recalled from the Connecticut Whale.

According to Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News, Brad Richards participated in the morning skate, but left shortly there after for an undisclosed reason. Richards wasn't available to the media following the skate, and wasn't in the locker room. Richards did state yesterday that his whole body was sore following the hit from Patrick Kaleta, and he was uncertain if he would suit up.

At that point, many were labeling Brad Richards as questionable tonight. To add on to the speculation, the New York Rangers announced that they have recalled Micheal Haley from the Connecticut Whale, shortly after the morning skate. Although this doesn't necessarily mean that Richards is officially out of the lineup, but rather he's a game-time decision.

The choice to recall Haley was definitely a bit surprising, but when you look at who the Rangers are going up against tonight, it sort of makes sense. The Rangers and Philadelphia Flyers have always fielded tough lineups against either other, and that's exactly what the Rangers are doing with Haley.

In the event that Richards does actually suit up tonight, I wouldn't be surprised to see Haley replace Stu Bickel in the lineup. It would make much more sense to have a natural forward in there, rather than a defenseman. Either way, we won't find out the official lineup until later on tonight.

For now, thoughts?