NHL News: Nashville Predators Claimed Zach Boychuk Off Of Waivers

USA TODAY Sports

The Nashville Predators have claimed Zach Boychuk off of waivers from the Pittsburgh Penguins.

According to Darren Dreger of TSN, the Nashville Predators have claimed Zach Boychuk off of waivers from the Pittsburgh Penguins. The Penguins originally claimed Boychuk after the Carolina Hurricanes attempted to assign their 2008 1st-round draft pick to the Charlotte Checkers of the American Hockey League.

Boychuk has the skill set to become a very useful forward in the top-six, but unfortunately never worked out with the likes of Evgeni Malkin, and James Neal on Pittsburgh. Although he played with some pretty skilled players over in Pittsburgh, it doesn't necessarily mean that his career is a shot in the dark.

While we never got an official count of how many teams officially put in a waiver claimed for Boychuk, I'm guessing there were a lot more than just a few teams. Joe outlined the possibility of the New York Rangers giving Boychuk a look, and how he could potentially fit into their system.