Rangers Vs. Flyers Preview: Rangers Seeking Three In A Row On Home Ice

Elsa

The New York Rangers and Philadelphia Flyers will be meeting for the third time this season, and tonight will be at Madison Square Garden.

The New York Rangers and Philadelphia Flyers will be meeting for the third time this season, and tonight will be at Madison Square Garden. The New York Rangers are currently riding a two game winning streak, and are looking to make it three in a row tonight. The Philadelphia Flyers are one point ahead of the Rangers in the standings, but have three more games played.

VS.

Philadelphia Flyers (11-11-1) vs New York Rangers (10-8-2)
Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - 7:30 PM
Television: NBC Sports Network | Radio: ESPN NY 98.7
Opponent's Blog: Broad Street Hockey | Tickets: New York Rangers Tickets

The Rangers have been victim's of very good starts, followed up by a mediocre second period which tends to hurt them quite a bit. Luckily, over the last two games, they have been able to weather the storm and come away with two points. The special teams were working in full force last game against the Buffalo Sabres, where the Rangers capped off a 5-on-3 power play coming away with back to back goals that were a few seconds apart.

Tonight is a tough divisional opponent in the Philadelphia Flyers, and there's no sitting back in this one. No matter how bad the Flyers are doing, they will always play a good, tough game against the New York Rangers. Tonight will be yet another test for the Rangers as they look to make it three in a row.

Some Quick Thoughts:

- Brad Richards will be a game-time decision tonight, and will likely be out of the lineup. The New York Rangers recalled Micheal Haley earlier today as a precaution, but he may indeed be in the lineup tonight. Many were surprised by the move, but considering it's the Flyers tonight, the move makes sense.

- Henrik Lundqvist will be getting the start in net tonight which will be his 18th start of the season. For the Philadelphia Flyers, Ilya Bryzgalov will likely get the start in between the pipes.

Projected Lineup:

Carl Hagelin - Derek Stepan - Rick Nash
Ryan Callahan - Brian Boyle - Marian Gaborik
Taylor Pyatt - Jeff Halpern - J.T. Miller
Micheal Haley - Darroll Powe - Stu Bickel

Marc Staal - Dan Girardi
Anton Stralman - Ryan McDonagh
Steve Eminger - Michael Del Zotto

Henrik Lundqvist
Martin Biron

Scratches: Arron Asham (back spasms), Matt Gilroy (healthy)