Marc Staal Injury: Marc Staal Expected To Make Full Recovery; Out Indefinitely

Elsa

The New York Rangers provided an update this evening stating that Marc Staal is expected to make a full recovery.

The New York Rangers have sent out a press release with an update regarding Marc Staal's status, after taking a puck to the face last night against the Philadelphia Flyers. The Rangers stated that Staal visited two different doctors earlier today, and they anticipate that he will make a full recovery from his injury.

They also noted that Staal will remain out of the lineup indefinitely, and there is no deadline for his return. This is probably the best news we could have heard regarding Staal, as it was a pretty horrific scene to watch last night. Below you will find the official press release from the New York Rangers.

Following an injury suffered in last night’s game vs. Philadelphia, Marc Staal was examined today in New York by Dr. Mark Fromer, ophthalmologist, and Dr. Mendel Markowitz, maxillofacial surgeon. The injury has improved significantly and both doctors are optimistic that Marc will make a full recovery. Staal will be sidelined indefinitely.