FanPost

1992 draft

Now that Hamrlik is on the team, do you all realize that 4 players from the first round of the 92 entry draft have played on Broadway?

Hamrlik was 1st overall that year.

Kasparitis was 5th overall that year (to the Islanders).

Martin Straka went 19th to Pittsburgh.

Peter Ferraro was taken last in the first round by the Rangers.

It wasn't a horrible draft for the Rangers that year, as 5 of the 10 picks went on to play at the NHL level, although the bulk of the games played were with other teams.

Still, I just thought the idea of having 4 first rounders from the draft play for the same team (at different times) was kinda worth mentioning.

For more draft recaps, either by year or by team, check out this site: http://www.hockeydb.com/ It's pretty interesting to look back and play the shoulda, woulda, coulda game.