FanPost

The loss of #'s 8 and 17.

Okay now I've been catching some serious slack for this, and yes i'm a hypocrite, but I'm starting to see what Dubi and Prust gave this team night in and night out. First we lost Prust to the Habs due to the generous contract they offered him. With our cap restraints, and at the time not knowing the cap would go down do to the new CBA, we let Prust go. We tried to replace him with players such as Asham, Pyatt, and Powe but have failed to do that. Prust gave us a formidable player that played a very good 3rd line role on the wing with Boyle. He gave our team energy. He skated hard, hit hard, and played harder. He's someone I now wish we resigned with the money used to get Pyatt and Asham.

When we traded Dubi I wasn't all that upset set. After the season he had just finished with the Rangers and now seeing what we got in Nash i was happy. Nash gave this team something we desperately needed and shows his Hockey God like skill every night. Where as Dubi and Arti could not on their best night do what Nash does. But at that point we had lost Prust. Dubi in his own right was just like Prust just with more of an offensive upside, although last year you wouldn't know it.

Losing both of them hurt this team a lot it seems. Like we had lost a lot of passion. Like i said when they left for their respective reasons I wasn't all that worried. Now i'm seeing that we should have tried to keep at least one of them. Its nice to have all this skill on our first 2 lines but our bottom six are horrid. They just don't have any real offensive spark or even the same drive they did last year. As Joe point out, last game should be a lesson to role 4 lines. We cant, we just don't have the players who can do much for us to role all 4. Maybe 3 lines sure, but not 4. We need another player like Prust or Dubi on the bottom 6 again.