Rangers Vs. Panthers Preview: Absolute Must Win On The Line Tonight For Rangers

Paul Bereswill

The New York Rangers are facing an absolute must win tonight as they take on the Florida Panthers.

Well, here we are. The New York Rangers are still currently sitting in the eighth and final playoff spot, with two teams desperately closing in on them. The Winnipeg Jets are currently tied with the Rangers, but because they have the extra game played, the Rangers are ahead of them. The Buffalo Sabres are also creeping back into the race, who the Rangers actually play tomorrow night.

Now looking at tonight's game, the Rangers are facing a team that has been in the basement all season long, and is looking to play spoiler. Tonight's game is probably one of the bigger games, just because of the implications it could potentially have on the playoff race. The simple outcome for this game is that the Rangers absolutely need two points out this game. No if's, and's or but's. Come away with two points, and worry about Buffalo tomorrow.

VS.

Florida Panthers (13-26-6) vs New York Rangers (21-17-4)
Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - 7:00 PM
Television: MSG | Radio: ESPN NY 98.7
Opponent's Blog: Litter Box Cats | Tickets: New York Rangers Tickets

Some Quick Thoughts:

Projected Lineup:

Rick Nash - Derek Stepan - Ryan Callahan
Carl Hagelin - Brad Richards - Chris Kreider
Ryane Clowe - Derick Brassard - Mats Zuccarello
Arron Asham - Darroll Powe - Taylor Pyatt

Ryan McDonagh - Dan Girardi
Anton Stralman - Michael Del Zotto
Steve Eminger - John Moore

Henrik Lundqvist
Martin Biron

Scratches: Matt Gilroy (healthy), Roman Hamrlik (healthy), Marc Staal (upper-body), Derek Dorsett (upper-body), Brian Boyle (lower-body).