New York Rangers News: Jesper Fast On The Ice At Practice

USA TODAY Sports

Jesper Fast has accompanied the New York Rangers as practice this afternoon.

According to Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News, Jesper Fast has joined the New York Rangers at the MSG Practice facility for the first time this season. Fast will be wearing #12 for the Rangers, and is currently skating on a line with Brian Boyle, and Taylor Pyatt.

After much confusion about Fast being eligible to play in the NHL, this just about puts every one of those rumors to bed. It's still unknown whether John Tortorella will use Fast in either of their upcoming games against the Pittsburgh Penguins, but after seeing the practice lines, it's clear that someone will be sitting in the press box during these next two games.

Chris Kreider, J.T. Miller, Darroll Powe, and Arron Asham were all alternating on the fourth line during practice, which signifies one of these four will be sitting tomorrow night. Tortorella had some surprising comments regarding Kreider, and Miller last night as he benched them for a majority of last night's game. So I wouldn't be surprised if one, or both of them sat.

Thoughts?