NHL Trade Rumors: New York Rangers Among Front Runners for Ryan Clowe

USA TODAY Sports

The New York Rangers are said to be among the top three front runners to land Ryan Clowe.

According to Bob McKenzie of TSN, the New York Rangers appear to be one of the three teams leading the pack, and could potentially land Ryan Clowe before tomorrow's 3:00 PM deadline. The other two teams currently in the mix with the Rangers are the Vancouver Canucks, and the Philadelphia Flyers. However, McKenzie also notes that in a dramatic turn of events, Ryan Clowe could end up not being dealt, and all of this speculation would be history.

If the Rangers do in fact deal for for Ryan Clowe, he is not being brought in to solve the Rangers scoring woes, but rather, to add another character type of player to the lineup. That's something the Rangers have been lacking since guys like Brandon Prust, and Brandon Dubinsky were sent packing during the summer.

The Rangers are also believed to be strongly interesting Curtis Glencross as well, as he is another type of character guy the Rangers have been seeking all season. Whether or not any of this happens remains to be seen, but the rumors are in full force with just under 24 hours to go.

Thoughts?