New York Rangers Trade: Rangers Acquire Ryane Clowe From The San Jose Sharks

Kelley L Cox-USA TODAY Sports

The New York Rangers have acquired Ryane Clowe from the San Jose Sharks

According to Pierre LeBrun of ESPN, the New York Rangers have acquired Ryane Clowe from the San Jose Sharks, in exchange for a 2013 2nd-round pick, a 2013 3rd-round pick (Florida's), and a conditional second round pick as well. The conditional pick will be a second rounder if Clowe re-signs with the New York Rangers, or if they advance to the Eastern Conference Finals in this year's playoffs. If not, the pick will turn into a 5th-round draft pick. Clowe has also made travel plans to be in New York for tomorrow's game against the Pittsburgh Penguins.

The price was a little high to begin with, but the Rangers have been lacking those true character and grit players from the start of the year. With players like Brandon Prust and Brandon Dubinsky departing earlier on in the summer, the Rangers were left with a limited market to fill those voids.

There is also some speculation coming from Nick Kypreos that the Rangers have the parameters in place to give Ryane Clowe an extension. They are expected to make a few more moves before tomorrow's 3:00 PM deadline, where they will try and shed some cap space.

We'll see how it works out, but for now, this is what we have. Thoughts?