Rangers Vs. Hurricanes Preview: Just Win And They're In

USA TODAY Sports

The New York Rangers will face off against the Carolina Hurricanes tonight with a chance to clinch a playoff berth.

The New York Rangers are heading into tonight's game with a chance to clinch a playoff berth, and control their own destiny against the Carolina Hurricanes. All the Rangers need is two more points, and they punch their ticket to the 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs. Any combination of two points will do, but for the Rangers sake, it would be in their best interest to get it done and over with tonight.

Both the Toronto Maple Leafs and Ottawa Senators will be in action tonight, which are other games Ranger fans should keep an eye on. In the even that both of those teams lose, the Rangers would pass the Senators for 7th, and pull within one point of the 5th seeded Leafs. But based on how much help the Rangers have been getting this season, I wouldn't count on that happening too much.

VS.

New York Rangers (24-18-4) vs Carolina Hurricanes (19-24-3)
PNC Arena - Raleigh, NC - 7:00 PM
Television: MSG | Radio: ESPN NY 98.7
Opponent's Blog: Canes Country | Tickets: New York Rangers Tickets

Some Quick Thoughts:

Projected Lineup:

Taylor Pyatt - Brad Richards - Mats Zuccarello
Carl Hagelin - Derek Stepan - Ryan Callahan
Ryane Clowe - Derick Brassard - Rick Nash
Arron Asham - Darroll Powe - Chris Kreider

Ryan McDonagh - Dan Girardi
Anton Stralman - Michael Del Zotto
Steve Eminger - John Moore

Henrik Lundqvist
Martin Biron

Scratches: Matt Gilroy (healthy), Roman Hamrlik (healthy), Marc Staal (upper-body), Derek Dorsett (upper-body), Brian Boyle (lower-body).