Ryane Clowe Injury: No Update On Clowe, Kris Newbury Recalled By Rangers

Eric Hartline-USA TODAY Sports

There was no update on the severity of Ryane Clowe's injury today, but the Rangers did recall Kris Newbury after last nights game.

There still is no immediate diagnoses as to what forced Ryane Clowe to leave Thursday night's game, but it must have been serious enough to warrant some assistance as he was escorted to the Rangers locker room. There were rumors swirling that it could potentially be a knee injury, while others said that he may have suffered a concussion on an inadvertent elbow from Bobby Sanguinetti.

Whatever the injury was, it definitely didn't look all that good at first glance. Clowe seemed to lose his footing right after the apparent injury, and looked a little wobbly while he was being skated off. If anything, let's hope it's not a concussion, as they would be a major blow for the Rangers heading into the playoffs.

Among all of this injury mess, following Thursday night's 4-3 win, the Rangers announced they recalled Kris Newbury from their AHL affiliate. Whether that is linked to Ryane Clowe is still unknown, as the Rangers were already down a forward with Arron Asham attending to personal matters.

I'd expect tomorrow to be a telling sign as to what's going on. But for now, that's all we know.

Thoughts?