2013 NHL Playoffs: Rangers Draw Capitals In First Round....AGAIN

Geoff Burke-US PRESSWIRE

The New York Rangers are set to faceoff against the Washington Capitals in the first round of the 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs....AGAIN.

With the Ottawa Senators losing to the Philadelphia Flyers in regulation tonight, the New York Rangers will draw the Washington Capitals in the first round of the 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs. This will be the fourth time in five years that the Capitals and Rangers will be meeting at some point in the playoffs. Last year, it was the second round where the Rangers eliminated the Capitals in seven games.

Because the seventh and eighth seeds are still yet to be determined in the Eastern Conference, we don't know any official date as to when the Rangers will open up in Washington. But according to Andrew Gross, the Rangers will likely play Game 1 on Tuesday, Game 2 on Thursday, and Game 3 on Saturday back at Madison Square Garden.

The Rangers will be entering the playoffs with a very solid 10-3-1 record over the month of April, as they have begun to play not only their best hockey of the season, but their most consistent as well. On the other hand, the Capitals have gone 8-3-2 during the month of April, and are currently 8-1-1 over their last ten games with their latest win over the Boston Bruins.

We'll have the official playoff schedule when it is released, which could be as early as tomorrow.

Believe.