2013 NHL Playoffs: New York Rangers Playoff Schedule Released

USA TODAY Sports

The National Hockey League officially released it's round one schedule, which has the Rangers/Capitals started on Thursday evening.

The New York Rangers playoff schedule has been officially released by the National Hockey League, and it's interesting to say the least. The Washington Capitals and Rangers will have four days off before they open up for game one on Thursday evening. What's also interesting is the fact that the Rangers will play the final three games (if necessary) in four nights, with games six and seven being back to back.

The four day layoff can actually be beneficial for the Rangers as they are still waiting on Ryane Clowe, Marc Staal, Brian Boyle, and Derek Dorsett to return from injury. Those extra days will allow those four to heal up in time for the start of game one, which can be a big boost for the Rangers going forward.

But before we waste anymore time, here is the official schedule with dates and times for each.

Game Date Matchup Time (ET) TV Schedule
Game 1 Thur, May 2nd at Washington 7:30 p.m. MSG, NBC SN, TSN
Game 2 Sat, May 4th at Washington 12:30 p.m. MSG, NBC, TSN
Game 3 Mon, May 6th vs Washington 7:30 p.m. MSG, NBC SN, TSN
Game 4 Wed, May 8th vs Washington 7:30 p.m. MSG, NBC SN, TSN
Game 5* Fri, May 10th at Washington 7:30 p.m. MSG, TSN
Game 6* Sun, May 12th vs Washington TBD MSG, TSN
Game 7* Mon, May 13th at Washington TBD MSG, TSN