NHL Trade Rumors: New York Rangers Are Searching For A Defenseman

Greg Fiume

The New York Rangers are in the market for another depth defenseman.

According to Darren Dreger of TSN, the New York Rangers aren't about it pack it up at the deadline, and are currently in the market to land another depth defenseman to their roster. They were originally linked to Dan Boyle of the San Jose Sharks for the longest time, but it doesn't appear that he will be on the move today. There hasn't been any specific names thrown around as of yet, but they are believed to be considering a vast amount of options over the next few hours.

However, because this deadline day is all about speculation, you can't help but think the Rangers are looking at either Jamie McBain, or Ryan O'Byrne. The Phoenix Coyotes have also been fielding calls on Derek Morris, and he would likely be another viable option for the Rangers.

Neither Morris or O'Bryne are going to be superstars in this league, but they will add to the defensive depth on this team, and will obviously be better options than Stu Bickel or Roman Hamrlik. Either way, we'll find out what happens before 3:00 PM today.

We will have a story stream running throughout the day which will consist of rumors linked to the New York Rangers, and confirmed moves. Stay tuned!