New York Rangers Assign Chris Kreider and J.T. Miller To Connecticut Whale

USA TODAY Sports

The New York Rangers have assigned Chris Kreider and J.T. Miller to the Connecticut Whale.

According to the AHL Transaction Wire, the New York Rangers have returned Chris Kreider, and J.T. Miller to the Connecticut Whale of the American Hockey League. Chris Kreider was expected to be a healthy scratch tonight, while J.T. Miller was likely going to be in the lineup tonight. Either way, the move clears around $2 million in cap space for the New York Rangers to make a move, and allows by Miller and Kreider to be eligible for the Whale in the upcoming AHL Playoffs.

This comes just a few days after John Tortorella expressed his growing concern with Miller and Kreider with the high stake, playoff type games coming up in the next several weeks. He was worried about their development, and wasn't sure he was able to trust them in different situations on the ice.

Whether this is a precursor to a move or not, we shall find out as we approach the 3:00 PM deadline this afternoon.

Thoughts?