FanPost

Gaborik on his way to Columbus.

Looks like the Rangers have shed Gaborik's salary in exchange for Derick Brassard(C), Derek Dorsett(RW) and John Moore(D). Moore and Brassard are former 1st round picks.

The rangers essentially dealt Gaborik, Dubinsky, Anisimov and Erixon for Nash, Brassard, Dorsett and Moore. Not sure how I feel about this yet and what it means in terms of the Rangers outlook for this season. Time will tell I suppose. It does look like they've added a lot of toughness and grit and apparently Moore is as good a skater as McDonagh.