New York Rangers News: No Hearing For Michael Del Zotto

Elsa

According to reports there won't be a hearing for Del Zotto

In Friday night's 2-1 shootout loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins, Michael Del Zotto (bracing himself for an oncoming hit from James Neal) twisted and caught Neal in the chin with his elbow.

Honestly, I think Del Zotto was trying to turn himself into the hit and accidentally hit him in the chin. Regardless, it was a reckless play and it injured Neal. Would I have been shocked had there of been a suspension? No.

But according to Elliotte Friedman, there will be no hearing scheduled for Del Zotto for the incident. This is obviously really good news, since the New York Rangers are taking on the Carolina Hurricanes tonight as they look to continue their playoff push.

With Marc Staal still injured and Del Zotto really stepping up his game in his absense, losing Del Zotto would have been a tough blow.

Regardless, that didn't happen and he will be suiting up tonight.

Thoughts?