FanPost

All Things Considered

So, we can all agree that last night's win was pretty heartbreaking. But I have to admit that there were a lot of things done well.

First off, let me just say that the Rangers did an excellent job crashing the net last night. I think it's becoming more and more apparent that the adding Clowe, Brassard, and Moore gave the Blueshirts a much deeper and more physical roster. This gave our primary shooters like Nash and Stepan much better opportunities at the net.

What the Rangers really lacked this year was a physical presence to reinforce their forwards. These new additions have already been taking care of that.

Now, about last game; the Rangers should have won. They outplayed the Penguins for the majority of the game. In fact, that one goal in regulation by Jokinen was really the only time the Penguins got any penetration. The Rangers should be really proud of how well they played.

When it comes to Fleury you know his performance can swing wildly between incredibly ineffective to miraculous. He's an extremely inconsistent goaltender and usually does not have games of this quality. He made a lot of lucky albeit good saves off of shots that should have went in under any other circumstances. I think that with the way the Ranges played they would have won on any other night.

Unfortunately they didn't win, but they did pick up a point which right now is extremely important. Also, in the last two games since the trade deadline the Rangers have played a much better, much more physical game of hockey. This is what everyone should want to see. They picked up 3 of 4 points in the last two games against the pens and that is huge considering where the Penguins are in the standings. If the Rangers keep playing the way they have been the last few nights I don't see why they can't be contenders.