Rangers Vs. Maple Leafs Preview: Rangers Start Home And Home With Leafs Tonight In Toronto

Grant Halverson

The New York Rangers will start yet another home and home series, but this time it will be with the Toronto Maple Leafs.

The New York Rangers will start their second home and home of the season, and it will be against the Toronto Maple Leafs. The Rangers have been playing some pretty good hockey over the last four games, and have finally been playing up to their identity, which has been missing almost all of the season. These next two games could be huge, as the Maple Leafs only sit four points ahead of the Rangers.

The Rangers put together a gritty 4-1 victory over the Carolina Hurricanes on Saturday night, and were backstopped by the spectacular goaltending by Henrik Lundqvist. If he can get himself into form going into the final stretch of the season, it could work wonders for the Rangers.

VS.

New York Rangers (19-15-4) vs Toronto Maple Leafs (21-13-4)
Air Canada Centre - Toronto, ON - 7:00 PM
Television: MSG, RDS, Sportsnet | Radio: ESPN NY 98.7
Opponent's Blog: Pension Plan Puppets | Tickets: New York Rangers Tickets

Some Quick Thoughts:

  • According to the Rangers, they will be going with the same lineup for the third time in four games. Even though the Rangers dropped to the Penguins in the shootout late last week, they have put together a lineup that is pretty tough to play against.
  • With that, Henrik Lundqvist will be getting the start for the New York Rangers once again, and James Reimer is expected to start for the Maple Leafs.

Projected Lineup:

Rick Nash - Brad Richards - Ryan Callahan
Mats Zuccarello - Derek Stepan - Ryane Clowe
Carl Hagelin - Derick Brassard - Brian Boyle
Arron Asham - Darroll Powe - Taylor Pyatt

Ryan McDonagh - Dan Girardi
Anton Stralman - Michael Del Zotto
Steve Eminger - John Moore

Henrik Lundqvist
Martin Biron

Scratches: Matt Gilroy (healthy), Marc Staal (eye), J.T. Miller (wrist), Roman Hamrlik (healthy)