FanPost

W… T.. F…!

I am so pissed at the way the Rangers played tonight I’m compelled to write this a catharsis.

WTF! WTf? Wtf. Wtf…

WTF were they doing on defense tonight?

HowTF do you allow a breakaway on net from within your own zone, from below the dots?

I understand it was 3 games in 4 nights, but this play was ridiculously inexcusable. Consistently out of position to alarming degrees.

I’m a Giants fan, I care about D-fence. LT, Banks, Carson all the way to AP, Strahan, JPP and Tuck.

I’m Knicks fan where the common chant is (or was) D-Fence. Remember the 80 points of beat the living piss out of each other games? Defense!

I’m Rangers fan. I care about goaltending (Eddie, JD, Beezer, Richter, Lundqvist, and all the others) and defense (Maloney, Beukeboom, Greschner, Lowe, Howell, Zubov, Park and Leech).

When Defensemen and a Goalie make up 36% of the starting players in a hockey game (12 F, 6 D & 1 G), but they make up 50% of your retired jerseys this should tell you something about how much we covet our defensemen and goalies. It's built up over generations and it's in our blood.

Yes puck possession SHOULD win you games (it didn't tonight), but Defense wins championships. You know that thing that got us to the Eastern Conference finals last year until we ran out of gas? All of a sudden we lose a couple forwards to trades and free-agency and for some reason our defensemen can’t play defense. Too many players over playing … over pursuing… out of position. Why was Del Zotto near the blue line when the puck wasn’t even out of the zone? Why were there 4 Rangers on that little patch of ice?

WTF?

What a disgusting game. What a disgusting performance. I rather lose 1-0 in regulation playing the same way when we lost to Pitt 2-1 than lose the way we lost tonight. At least I thought we played well that night. But tonight … just awful.

W… T.. F…!