New York Rangers News: J.T. Miller Reassigned To The Connecticut Whale

Bob DeChiara-USA TODAY Sports

The New York Rangers have sent J.T. Miller down to the Connecticut Whale.

The New York Rangers have announced that J.T. Miller has been reassigned to the Connecticut Whale of the American Hockey League. This move was anticipated for the last several weeks, but with J.T. Miller still rehabbing an injured wrist, the Rangers opted to keep him with the team. They had sent him down last week, but immediately recalled him so he can continue his treatment with the Rangers doctors, rather than with the Connecticut Whale.

With the recent additions at the trade deadline, it clogged up the Rangers roster even more, and didn't leave much room for Miller when he would return from his wrist injury. As always, it is better for Miller to get the much needed playing time down in the minors, rather than ride out the press box on a nightly basis.

Barring any injuries, I wouldn't expect to see Miller up again this season, as he will likely finish out the regular season and playoffs with the Connecticut Whale. In 26 games with the Rangers this season, Miller compiled a total of two goals, and two assists. He also proved that he is NHL ready, and will likely challenge for a full roster spot next season.

Thoughts?