2013 NHL Playoffs: Despite Injuries Staal, Dorsett, Clowe, And Boyle Travel To Washington

Debby Wong-USA TODAY Sports

Marc Staal, Derek Dorsett, Ryane Clowe, and Brian Boyle are all on the plane traveling to Washington, DC with the Rangers this afternoon.

With a little over 24 hours before the New York Rangers open up game one of the Stanley Cup Playoffs, and three practices under their belt, the Rangers are officially off to Washington, DC. Brian Boyle and Ryane Clowe were absent from this morning's practice once again with undisclosed injuries, while Marc Staal and Derek Dorsett (non-contact) participated in some of the drills.

Even though Clowe is rumored to have a concussion, he has been seen around the MSG Training Facility but has declined to give an update on his injury. Marc Staal also didn't completely rule himself out of game one, but said that he "probably isn't going to play."

Despite all of the injuries, Staal, Dorsett, Clowe, and Boyle were all on the team plane as they departed for Washington earlier this afternoon. One thing that does stick out to me is the fact that Clowe is flying. Usually players don't fly if they are dealing with concussion-like symptoms. Whether that means Clowe is getting closer to a return is unknown, and is merely speculation on my part. As of right now, the lines look as follows:

Carl Hagelin - Derek Stepan - Ryan Callahan
Rick Nash - Brad Richards - Mats Zuccarello
Taylor Pyatt - Derick Brassard - Chris Kreider
Darroll Powe - Kris Newbury - Arron Asham/Micheal Haley

Ryan McDonagh - Dan Girardi
Michael Del Zotto - Anton Stralman
John Moore - Steve Eminger

Thoughts?