2014 NHL Stadium Series: NHL Announces Two Outdoor Games For New York Rangers

Patrick McDermott

The New York Rangers will play two outdoor games next season at Yankee Stadium. Their opponents will be the New York Islanders, and New Jersey Devils.

According to a release from NHL.com, the New York Rangers will be participating in the 2014 Coors Light Stadium Series. It will feature two outdoor games at Yankee Stadium this upcoming winter, with the New York Rangers taking on both the New York Islanders, and New Jersey Devils.

The New York Rangers are scheduled to faceoff against the New Jersey Devils on January 26th, at 12:30 P.M., and just three days later against the New York Islanders at 7:30 P.M. However, due to reasons still unknown, the Rangers will be considered the away team during both of these games. Either way, it will greatly benefit the Rangers as they will still have 41 home games at Madison Square Garden next season.

The games in New York are the latest additions added to the 2014 Coors Light Stadium series, as games at Dodger Stadium (Anaheim Ducks vs Los Angeles Kings), and Solider Field (Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Chicago Blackhawks) have previously been announced. More are expected to be released in the coming weeks.

Ticket information for both of the games has yet to be released, but you can register at www.nhl.com/2014NewYork for more information.