Game One, Thread Two

Greg Fiume

Believe.

A rather uneventful first period for both teams outside of Michael Del Zotto hitting a crossbar. It looks like both teams were feeling each other out and doing their best to stay out of the box and play a tight game.

In the second period the game finally came to life when a slap shot by Zdeno Chara got past Henrik Lundqvist. The puck seemed to flutter and get away from Hank and he ended up pushing it into his own net when he couldn't control the rebound, it's certainly one Hank is going to want back. And then, just when Joe Reiter was giving up on this team and everyone was preparing themselves for pain and misery, Ryan McDonagh blasted one by Rask with 1.3 seconds to go in the second period. Tie Game.

POWERPLAY:

NYR- 0/2

BOS- 0/1

GOALS:

My strategy for the third period:

It's clear now... we go into the bear pit. Oh! I immediately regret this decision.

Play aggressive, draw some penalties, and keep testing Tuukka Rask. This series might not be as sexy or exciting (sexciting, if you will) as the Rangers and Capitals series but it is going to be a lot more physical and the team that makes the fewest mistakes is most likely going to win it. The Rangers have to find a way to take advantage of the young and banged-up Bruins blueline. Play them physical and make them as uncomfortable as possible.

Let's go Rangers. Believe.