2013 NHL Playoffs: Brian Boyle Returns To The Ice At Morning Skate; Clowe Doing Off Ice Work

USA TODAY Sports

The New York Rangers received some good news this morning as Brian Boyle returned to the ice for the first time since his injury.

As the New York Rangers took to the ice for their morning skate, prior to Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals, Brian Boyle joined the team for the first time since his apparent leg injury. Boyle last played during the second period against the Philadelphia Flyers in a 4-2 loss at the Wells Fargo Center.

Since then, there has been little information released on what was actually wrong with Boyle. The only update that John Tortorella put out to the media was that he would likely miss three games, which closed out the season for the New York Rangers.

As far as lineups go tonight, John Tortorella wouldn't reveal anything, and said that everyone that was on the ice today (with the exception of Derek Dorsett) will remain a game time decision. I would expect that Brian Boyle likely goes back in tonight. I also wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Marc Staal returns tonight as well.

Staal was practicing with the six defensemen that were on the ice this morning. He did it last time at the Winter Classic when no one thought he would, so it's not completely out of the question tonight. Also according to Pat Leonard, Ryane Clowe was seen working off ice after the Rangers morning skate had concluded. It still doesn't sound like he's that close, but it does sound like he's starting to get back into game shape.

Thoughts?