Rangers Vs. Bruins Game 3 Preview: Rangers Need Big Win On Home Ice Tonight

Jared Wickerham

After going down 2-0 against the Boston Bruins, the New York Rangers are looking to rebound tonight in front of a sold out crowd at Madison Square Garden.

The New York Rangers weren't so fortunate early in this series, and now find themselves in a 2-0 hole heading back to Madison Square Garden. The Rangers have yet to lose a game there during these 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs, and are 9-0 dating back to their last five regular season home games. While the Boston Bruins and Washington Capitals are two different teams, the Rangers still have a golden opportunity to leap right back into this series, and it all starts tonight.

vs.

Boston Bruins (#4 Seed) vs New York Rangers (#6 Seed)
Series Score: 2-0 BOS
Madison Square Garden - New York, NY- 7:30 PM
Television: NBC, TSN, RDS | Radio: NHL Game Radio
Opponent's Blog: Stanley Cup of Chowder | Tickets: New York Rangers Playoff Tickets

Some Quick Thoughts:

  • The Rangers got some good news this morning as both Marc Staal and Darroll Powe were out on the ice during the morning skate. By no means does this mean they are close to returning, but the option for reinforcements could be there in the event they are needed later on down the road.
  • The New York Rangers aren't expected to make any lineup changes, and will have the same lines heading into tonight's game. The Bruins lineup is also expected to remain the same, even with Wade Redden skating this morning.
  • Ranger fans were in for a bit of scare during Game 2, as Henrik Lundqvist appeared to injure his shoulder late in the third period. Whatever was ailing Henrik is "under control" now, and he is ready to roll for Game 3.

Projected Lineup:

Carl Hagelin - Derek Stepan - Ryan Callahan
Mats Zuccarello - Derick Brassard - Rick Nash
Derek Dorsett - Brian Boyle - Taylor Pyatt
Chris Kreider - Brad Richards - Arron Asham

Ryan McDonagh - Dan Girardi
Michael Del Zotto - Anton Stralman
John Moore - Steve Eminger

Henrik Lundqvist
Martin Biron

Scratches: Marc Staal (upper-body), Darroll Powe (upper-body), Ryane Clowe (upper-body), Matt Gilroy (healthy), Roman Hamrlik (healthy).