New York Rangers Injuries: Ryane Clowe Back At Practice And Darroll Powe Still Uncertain

Debby Wong-USA TODAY Sports

New York Rangers forward Ryane Clowe returned to practice this morning, and was joined by Darroll Powe, and Marc Staal.

The New York Rangers were greeted with some good news this morning, as Ryane Clowe joined some of the other players at an optional morning skate. This is the first time that Clowe has skated since he took a big hit in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals against the Washington Capitals. It was suspected that Clowe had suffered his second concussion, and with the length of time he's been out, that's the likely diagnoses.

Darroll Powe and Marc Staal were also present at the skate, but both of their statuses continue to remain unknown at this point. Powe did speak with the media this morning, and when he was asked about his health, he replied "I don't know" with a big grin on his face. Again, whether that means he's ready or not still remains to be seen.

Along with the good news, there was also some bad news. Anton Stralman was absent from the skate this morning, and sat out the third period of last night's Game 3. He too took a big hit from Milan Lucic along the boards, and it's suspected that he has concussion-like symptoms as well. If that latter is true, that's yet another big loss for the Rangers, as they continue to fight the injury bug throughout these playoffs.

Thoughts?

In This Article

Teams
Players