Rangers Vs. Bruins Game 4: Brad Richards Is A Healthy Scratch Tonight

Bruce Bennett

According to the morning skate, it appears as if Brad Richards will be a healthy scratch for Game 4 of the Eastern Conference Semifinals.

According to Katie Strang of ESPN New York, it appears as if Brad Richards will be a healthy scratch for Game 4 of the Eastern Conference Semifinals tonight. Both Richards and Asham remained on the ice following the morning skate, and were working down the other end with the healthy scratches.

Richards has had a very disappointing season up until tonight, but the fact that John Tortorella has scratched him in an elimination game is very telling. There has been a ton of talk surrounding Richard's future in New York beyond this year, with the Rangers still possessing one more amnesty buyout option. I wouldn't say that option is locked in just yet, but it sure has been gaining some steam over these last several weeks.

Either way, we haven't heard any other lineup chances regarding tonight. The only other "speculated" move is that Roman Hamrlik will play his first game since April 1st, and replace the injured Anton Stralman. We'll likely find out more around game time.

But until then, thoughts?