Rangers Vs Bruins Game 4: Preview: It's Win Or Go Home

Bruce Bennett

The New York Rangers are on the brink of being swept by the Boston Bruins in the Eastern Conference Semifinals. It's win or go home tonight.

Just as the title states, it's win or go home tonight for the New York Rangers. The Rangers finished off the regular season on a high note, took out the Washington Capitals in the first round, and have since screeched to a grinding halt. While most of the blame is centering around John Tortorella, and Rick Nash, the Rangers aren't mailing it in just yet. John Tortorella shocked the world this morning as he shook up his roster, which includes Brad Richards being a healthy scratch. People were clamoring for a change, and they got it. One shift at a time, one game at a time, and one win at a time. Get it done.

vs.

Boston Bruins (#4 Seed) vs New York Rangers (#6 Seed)
Series Score: 3-0 BOS
Madison Square Garden - New York, NY- 7:00 PM
Television: NBC, TSN, RDS | Radio: NHL Game Radio
Opponent's Blog: Stanley Cup of Chowder | Tickets: New York Rangers Playoff Tickets

Some Quick Thoughts:

  • As mentioned above, Brad Richards will be a healthy scratch for tonight's Game 4, which is a first for him during the playoffs. While many feel like it was a bad move, I feel like this could be seen from a mile away. Richards was technically scratched already with his demotion to the fourth line, which was an attempt to rejuvenate his game. With nothing changing, he really gave Tortorella no choice but to scratch him. This one's on Richards.
  • Beyond Richards being scratched, and Roman Hamrlikslotting in for the injured Anton Stralman, we have no clue what else John Tortorella is up to. There's some speculation that Arron Asham may be sitting as well. Could Clowe be back? Who knows at this point.

Projected Lineup:

Carl Hagelin - Derek Stepan - Ryan Callahan
Mats Zuccarello - Derick Brassard - Rick Nash
Derek Dorsett - Brian Boyle - Taylor Pyatt
Chris Kreider - Micheal Haley - Arron Asham

Ryan McDonagh - Dan Girardi
Michael Del Zotto - Steve Eminger
John Moore - Roman Hamrlik

Henrik Lundqvist
Martin Biron

Scratches: Anton Stralman (upper-body), Marc Staal (upper-body), Darroll Powe (upper-body), Ryane Clowe (upper-body), Matt Gilroy (healthy),