2013 NHL Playoffs: Ryane Clowe Returns, Dorsett In Full Contact, Boyle And Staal Still Skating

USA TODAY Sports

Ryane Clowe returned to the ice for the first time since his injury, meanwhile Derek Dorsett is finally in a full contact jerseys. Marc Staal and Brian Boyle are also skating as well.

The New York Rangers may have some additional reinforcements on the way as Ryane Clowe returned to practice this morning in a non-contact jersey. This is the first time Clowe has skated since he was knocked out of the game against the Carolina Hurricanes, where the Rangers clinched a playoff spot. The type of injury was kept on the down low, but with the way it was handled, it's likely that Clowe suffered a concussion.

Another positive sign for the Rangers was Derek Dorsett finally participating in practice with a normal, full contact jersey for the first time since he was traded to the Rangers. Whether that means he plays tomorrow or not is still unknown, but it's pretty likely that he plays pretty soon. That will be a huge lift for the Rangers, as it adds some grit in the physicality department.

Brian Boyle and Marc Staal were also on the ice as well, which is Boyle's second straight day. I'd expect a Game 3 return is pretty likely for both Dorsett and Boyle, while Staal could return as early as Game 4. Again, that's just pure speculation at this point, but who knows.

Thoughts?