New York Rangers Prospects: Rangers Come To Terms With Samuel Noreau

We have no pictures of Samuel Noreau, so enjoy this one of Dylan McIlrath - Harry How

The New York Rangers have signed Samuel Noreau, their 2011 5th-round draft selection.

With today being the deadline to sign their 2011 draft selections, the New York Rangers have officially come to terms with defenseman Samuel Noreau. The 6'5" 215 pound Noreau was the Rangers 5th-round selection in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, and has been competing in the QMJHL with Baie-Comeau Drakkar. This past season was a career year for Noreau, as he doubled his goals, assist and point totals. He had seven goals, and 25 assists during the 2012-2013 season.

With Noreau under contract, the Rangers have also opted not to offer contracts to Shane McColgan (5th-round), and Peter Ceresnek (6th-round). Both were also 2011 draft picks, but haven't impressed the Rangers brass enough to earn professional contracts. McColgan was highly sought after by the Rangers when they took in the fifth round, and at the time, was considered an absolute steal.

McColgan and Ceresnek are expected to re-enter the NHL Draft this up coming June in New Jersey.