New York Rangers Injuries: Ryane Clowe Back In Full Contact, Staal Continues To Skate

USA TODAY Sports

Ryane Clowe skated in a full contact jersey this morning, and is likely back for Game 3. Meanwhile, Marc Staal continues to skate and improve.

Ryane Clowe returned to the ice for his second straight day as the New York Rangers prepare to take on the Washington Capitals in Game 3 of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals. Clowe has been sidelined since April 25th, after he caught an inadvertent elbow from Bobby Sanguinetti. As he did on Wednesday, Clowe didn't completely rule himself out for tomorrow's Game 3, and the feeling is that he has been itching to get back into the lineup.

Marc Staal continued to skate once again for the New York Rangers, but there still isn't any timetable for when he would return. He didn't meet with the media following practice, so it's probably safe to say that nothing has changed regarding his status for Game 3.

Carl Hagelin was the only other player missing from Sunday's practice, as he was taking a maintenance day, according to the team. Hagelin took a pretty vicious knee-on-knee collision with Alex Ovechkin in Game 2, and looked to be laboring ever since. He's not doubtful for Game 3, and will likely play.