Rangers Vs. Capitals Game 3: Could Marc Staal Actually Play Tonight?

Al Bello

Bob McKenzie wouldn't be surprised if Marc Staal suited up tonight for the New York Rangers. Let's hope he's right.

While this is all speculation, there could be a chance that Marc Staal actually suits up for the New York Rangers tonight in Game 3 of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals. Bob McKenzie sent out a tweet moments ago stating that he wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Staal actually plays tonight.

Again, this is pure speculation, but the fact that it's coming from a guy like McKenzie makes it all the more interesting. It also makes some sense too. The Rangers will be in a tough spot if they lose tonight as they would go down 3-0 in the series, and would make it pretty hard on themselves to make a comeback.

With Ryane Clowe likely coming back tonight, the possible addition of Staal would be absolutely massive. The Rangers getting healthy was the biggest concern heading into the playoffs, and now they are on the verge of getting back to full health. I really hope this does actually come true.

We can only hope at this point. Believe