Rangers Vs. Capital Game 3 Preview: Rangers Have A Big Task Ahead Tonight

Greg Fiume

The New York Rangers will look to avoid another loss tonight, and get back into the series against the Washington Capitals.

The New York Rangers are faced with a big task tonight as they open up the 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs in front of their home crowd at Madison Square Garden. The Washington Capitals currently posses a 2-0 series lead over the Rangers, who are looking to get back into the series starting tonight. The Rangers power play has disappointed once again, and was a key factor in why they dropped Game 2 in overtime.

Puck luck is also an important fact in the playoffs, and the Rangers haven't been able to get their bounces as of yet. Tonight will be a perfect opportunity as they will be able to feed off of the energy from the crowd.

VS.

Washington Capitals (#3 Seed) vs New York Rangers (#6 Seed)
Series Score: 2-0 WSH
Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - 7:30 PM
Television: MSG, NBCSN, TSN, RDS2 | Radio: ESPN NY 98.7
Opponent's Blog: Japers' Rink | Tickets: New York Rangers Playoff Tickets

Some Quick Thoughts:

Projected Lineup:

Carl Hagelin - Derek Stepan - Ryan Callahan
Rick Nash - Brad Richards - Mats Zuccarello
Taylor Pyatt - Derick Brassard - Ryane Clowe
Darroll Powe - Brian Boyle - Derek Dorsett

Ryan McDonagh - Dan Girardi
Anton Stralman - John Moore
Michael Del Zotto - Steve Eminger / Marc Staal (?)

Henrik Lundqvist
Martin Biron

Scratches: Marc Staal (upper-body), Matt Gilroy (healthy), Roman Hamrlik (healthy),