Ryane Clowe Skates (Takes Contact), Rick Nash (Maintenance) and Darroll Powe (Concussion?) Don't

Timothy T. Ludwig-USA TODAY Spor

An update from today's practice.

The New York Rangers held practice Tuesday afternoon where they got some good news. Ryane Clowe - who has missed all three of the Rangers playoff games this year with a likely concussion - skated and took contact. This is a pretty good sign for Clowe to make a return for Game 4; although as we saw during Game 3, practicing isn't enough to guarantee a spot in the lineup.

It is expected that Clowe is making good progress towards returning to the ice, although there haven't been any official updates. The Rangers can obviously use Clowe back in the lineup, especially after the injury sustained to Darroll Powe. Speaking of Powe ...

Powe didn't skate during practice and didn't return after suffering what was likely another concussion thanks to an accidental elbow from Joel Ward. Powe has been an effective penalty killer for the Rangers this season, which is especially useful against the NHL's top power play. Derick Brassard took over for Powe in the third period (he was double shifted).

And finally, Rick Nash did not skate at Tuesday's practice. The team announced that it was a maintenance day for the star sniper. Nash shook himself up by missing a hit and slamming into the boards on Monday, but he didn't miss a shift in the third period so there wasn't any concern. Nor should there be, John Tortorella gives maintenance days all the time.

Thoughts?