Henrik Lundqvist Named Finalist For Vezina Trophy

Bruce Bennett

Henrik Lundqvist is really good, and people in the NHL seem to have noticed again.

We interrupt your morning pre-game panic to give you guys some good news. Henrik Lundqvist was named a finalist for the Vezina Trophy this morning. The New York Rangers goaltender won the award last year. The other two finalists are Sergei Bobrovsky of the Columbus Blue Jackets and Antti Niemi of the San Jose Sharks. You can see the NHL announcement here.

Lundqvist has been the biggest part of the Rangers' success this year -- as always.

From the story:

Lundqvist, last year's Vezina winner, is a finalist for the award for the fifth time. The 31-year-old tied for the League lead this season with 24 wins, and finished in the top seven in the League with a 2.05 GAA and .926 save percentage.

If Lundqvist repeats as Vezina winner, he would be the second European goalie to do so, followingDominik Hasek, who won it in 1994 and 1995, and three in a row from 1997-99.

Is anyone else surprised Lundqvist was the league leader in wins? I kind of am. Didn't recognize that.

Anyway, good for Lundqvist. He should get this trophy every single year with the way he's played with the offense in front of him.

Thoughts?