Rangers Vs. Capitals Game 4: Rangers Look To Even Up Series With A Win Tonight

Bruce Bennett

The New York Rangers will look to tie up the series with the Washington Capitals tonight as they seek a Game 4 victory.

The New York Rangers have a big opportunity on their hands tonight, as they could potentially knot up the series with the Washington Capitals. The Rangers are coming off a huge 4-3 victory on Monday night where they were able to get back into the series, and keep the Capitals on their toes.

Tonight is just another opportunity, and the Rangers need to take full advantage of that will the home crowd behind them once again. The Rangers had some big contributions the other night from Derek Stepan, Rick Nash, Derick Brassard, and Mats Zuccarello. In order for the Rangers to get another victory here tonight, their big guns need to step up once again.

VS.

Washington Capitals (#3 Seed) vs New York Rangers (#6 Seed)
Series Score: 2-1 WSH
Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - 7:30 PM
Television: MSG, NBCSN, TSN, RDS2 | Radio: ESPN NY 98.7
Opponent's Blog: Japers' Rink | Tickets: New York Rangers Playoff Tickets

Some Quick Thoughts:

  • Ryane Clowe is expected to be back in the lineup tonight, with Darroll Powe being out the lineup with a suspected concussion. Powe caught a high elbow from Joel Ward in the corner during Game 3, and didn't return to the game. He looked wobbly heading off, so it's likely that he will be out for a while.
  • Brooks Laich also skated for the first time this morning for the Washington Capitals. He was expected to miss most of the series, but was unexpectedly seen at practice this morning. That doesn't mean that he will be in the lineup tonight, but it's probable that he will return at some point.

Projected Lineup:

Rick Nash - Derek Stepan - Ryan Callahan
Carl Hagelin - Brad Richards - Mats Zuccarello
Taylor Pyatt - Derick Brassard - Ryane Clowe
Arron Asham - Brian Boyle - Derek Dorsett

Ryan McDonagh - Dan Girardi
Marc Staal - Anton Stralman
Michael Del Zotto - John Moore

Henrik Lundqvist
Martin Biron

Scratches: Matt Gilroy (healthy), Roman Hamrlik (healthy), Darroll Powe (upper-body).