Open Thread for 5/9

Bruce Bennett

Playoff hockey is amazing, isn't it?

Pensburgh vs Lighthouse Hockey

Series is tied up at 2-2.

Silver Seven Sens vs Habs Eyes on the Prize

Sens lead the series 3-1.

Hockey Wilderness vs Second City Hockey

Hawks lead the series 3-1.

Two elimination games and all kinds of goalie drama on the docket for tonight's playoff games! The Montreal Canadiens are supposedly without the services of Carey Price for tonight and are on the brink of being eliminated in what has turned into a very nasty and chippy series, the Penguins are going with veteran Tomas Vokoun instead of the ultrapregnable Marc Andre Fleury against Tavares and the Islanders, and the Wild look to fight off elimination with Josh Harding returning to the net for Game Five.

Digger's Game to Watch:

Honestly they are all can't-miss games but I have to go with Ottawa looking to KO the Habs. As I said before this series has turned chippy and personal and that makes for good, dramatic playoff hockey. The Habs are playing at home in front of their ravenous, zealous fans and they will not go down quietly, even without star netminder Carey Price in the lineup. Look for Game Five to be intense and full of huge hits and plenty of extracurricular activities after the whistle.

Note: The same rules that apply to BSB Game Threads will apply to these threads. Please familiarize yourself with our Community Guidelines if you are unclear about our rules and policies. Keep it PG-13... but y'know, with more cursing.