New York Rangers Coaching Vacancy: Rangers Receive Permission To Speak With Lindy Ruff

Bruce Bennett

The New York Rangers have finally been granted permission from the Buffalo Sabres to speak with Lindy Ruff.

According to Katie Strang of ESPN New York, the New York Rangers have secured permission from the Buffalo Sabres in order to speak with former head coach Lindy Ruff. The original speculation came from Glenn Healy and Elliotte Freidman on Hockey Night in Canada as they believed the Rangers had received permission a few days ago. Glen Sather and the rest of the Rangers upper management team have begun their annual organizational meetings in La Quinta, California this afternoon.

There are a variety of different topics that will likely come up that range from reviewing the questionnaires that were sent out to coaching candidates last week, a potential Brad Richards buyout, and most importantly a contract extension for Henrik Lundqvist.

Ruff has been linked to the Rangers since the head coaching position became available, and there's a belief that he has the Rangers at the top of his wish list. These next couple of days will be interesting as the organizational meetings conclude, and we move along with the offseason process.

We will have more updates as they come through, if there are any.

For now, thoughts?