New York Rangers News: Alain Vigneault Has An Interview With The Rangers

Bruce Bennett

Alain Vigneault is on his way to La Quinta, California where he will be interviewed by the New York Rangers for their head coaching position.

According to a report from John Shannon of Sportsnet, there is belief that Alain Vigneault is on his way to La Quinta, California to meet with the New York Rangers for their vacant head coaching position. This will mark the first official interview that the Rangers are conducting, following the questionnaire's that were sent out earlier in the month to potential candidates.

This news also comes just about 40 minutes after the New York Rangers had received permission to speak with former Buffalo Sabres head coach, Lindy Ruff. Vigneault has been pretty high on the Rangers list, and still remains the favorite to land the job along with Lindy Ruff. Dallas Eakins was also involved in the mix but has since accepted a position with the Edmonton Oilers.

Glen Sather stated that he would like to have a new coach designated before the end of June, and we're quickly approaching that time frame. With the Rangers organizational meetings taking place over the next several days, the process is likely to take full form, and has already begun with Vigneault.

As always, we will continue to update more as we hear it. Thoughts?